Institute for War and Peace Reporting | Giving Voice, Driving Change
Georgia's Tumultuous Year
1. Former president Eduard Shevardnadze in his study five days after his resignation.
2. The first length of pipe in the Baku-Ceyhan pipeline is laid in Georgia.
3. Mikheil Saakashvili addresses a rally in Tbilisi.
4. 23-Nov-03. Saakashvili storms the parliament building.
5. Borjomi. A mineral water pipe.
6. The Borjomi Valley.
7. The village of Tsikhisjvari.
8. The pipeline route outside Tsikhisjvari.
9. Nikolai and Anoula Grammotopoulo.
10. Discussing the pipeline in Borjomi’s Composer’s House.
11. Saakashvili at dinner (photo by Adele Smith).
- Europe & Eurasia
- Latin America
- Middle East & North Africa
- Focus Pages
- Training & Resources
- Print Publications
- IWPR Spotlight
As coronavirus sweeps the globe, IWPR’s network of local reporters, activists and analysts are examining the economic, social and political impact of this era-defining pandemic.