IWPR empowers local voices to drive change in countries in conflict, crisis and transition. Where hate speech and propaganda proliferate, and journalists and civic activists are under attack, IWPR promotes reliable information and public debate that makes a difference.
- With powerful new forms of disinformation driving social division, increasing digital security risks and escalating attacks on journalists, IWPR’s mission to empower local voices is more important than ever.
- IWPR’s core work is to strengthen the flow of credible, unbiased information, enabling journalists and civil society to inform, educate and mobilise communities.
- IWPR empowers societies to find their own solutions, by strengthening local capacity to report on and advocate for accountability, freedom of expression and human rights.
Connect with us
By helping local voices to be heard, IWPR builds peace, improves governance and advances human rights. With three decades’ experience, IWPR maintains extensive local networks and expert program teams, making us uniquely positioned to mobilise the power of information to create more stable, just and inclusive societies.
- Over 30 years, IWPR has identified, trained and supported local creative talent who have gone on to expose rights violations, establish local media outlets and achieve international impact, including winning the Nobel Peace Prize.
- IWPR has established standards of ethical journalism and trained new generations of reporters, in countries ranging from Afghanistan and Cuba to Iraq and Central Asia.
- IWPR investigations have exposed violations and directly led to political and legal reform where it is needed most, delivering direct improvements to people’s lives.
Work with us