Institute for War and Peace Reporting | Giving Voice, Driving Change
Through the U.K. Government-funded Aswat Horra (‘Free Voices”) project IWPR is delivering a programme to promote freedom of expression in the MENA region.
We are seeking an experienced workshop facilitator/moderator to support with three peer to peer learning and planning sessions.
IWPR is planning to host three closed virtual discussion sessions with consortium partners, up to 30 local civil society partners from the region, and FCDO officials. The discussion sessions will be two-hours each and facilitated by an external moderator. While the consortium partners will participate in all three discussions to share their expertise, the main focus will be to provide our local partners with a platform to share information and re-engage in peer-to-peer learning. Feedback from beneficiaries evidenced that this type of engagement was valued by local partners as extremely beneficial to their organisational development and capacity building. The discussions will be held primarily in Arabic, with simultaneous Arabic-English translation. The three sessions will be held in November and December 2020.
Proposed discussion session topics:
- The immediate impact and long-term consequences of the pandemic on Freedom of expression;
- The growing issue of misinformation and disinformation from internal and malign state sources in each of the focus countries;
- The role of CSOs and media outlets in times of crisis: challenges and lessons learned.
The successful candidate will have:
- A university degree in a relevant field of study;
- Significant experience and expertise in moderating and facilitating workshops and/or trainings;
- Experience leading discussions effectively and ability to discuss difficult issues in a professional manner.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills;
- Ability to facilitate conversations with and relate to a variety of stakeholders and beneficiaries;
- Ability to manage the available time and resources and to work under tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in Arabic strongly preferred.
- Remote position/No travel required.
Principals only. No calls please. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.
This position description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this position description. IWPR reserves the right to revise position descriptions at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Staff will be informed of any changes to their job responsibilities.