Institute for War and Peace Reporting | Giving Voice, Driving Change
The Institute for War & Peace Reporting, an international NGO with headquarters in the U.S., U.K., and the Netherlands, is looking for a senior program coordinator for its Beirut office. This position will help support activities in the MENA region that strengthen independent media and civil society. The senior program coordinator will lead on ensuring implementation continues on-time and on-budget; manage a small team of program coordinators, associates, and assistants; and fill in for the program manager/country director as needed. This is a full-time position with immediate availability strongly preferred. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, and early applications are highly appreciated.
- Work closely with Program Manager and Finance Manager on program planning and implementation of the work plan, to ensure it’s on-time and on-budget;
- Support Program Manager in development of funding proposals for IWPR’s work;
- Represent IWPR in meetings with donors, partners, and beneficiaries, and help maintain good relationships with these groups;
- Lead on producing reports for donors and organizational leadership, in coordination with the Program Manager;
- Oversee the procurement of goods/services necessary for implementation of programs in line with IWPR’s procurement policy;
- Oversee the entirety of the M&E process, including planning, documenting, analyzing, and report writing;
- Effectively manage a small team of coordinators, associates, and assistants to achieve the above tasks;
- Occasionally travel regionally and (pending opportunities) internationally for program oversight and to attend trainings and conferences.
- 3-5 years of experience in international development, preferably with an INGO;
- Solid experience coordinating programming in difficult circumstances, ideally within the fields of media or civil society support;
- Strong knowledge of dynamics in regional countries, such as Turkey, Syria, and Jordan;
- Full fluency in English and Arabic;
- Ability to travel occasionally;
- Previous management experience preferred.
- February 18, 2018.
Principals only. No calls please. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.
This position description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this position description. IWPR reserves the right to revise position descriptions at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Staff will be informed of any changes to their job responsibilities.