Institute for War and Peace Reporting | Giving Voice, Driving Change
Oversee an EU-funded project to support Libyan media to develop high-quality media content related to democracy, good governance, civil society and human rights, the role of women in society, youth engagement, and other topics essential to the country’s political transition and constitutional process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all aspects of the project. Design mechanisms for the implementation of all activities to be delivered under the grant. Work with international and Libyan partners to execute their project plans. Identify benchmarks for progress and meeting these goals Identify problem areas and devise solutions. Manage the project budget, ensuring all spending against activities and deliverables. Ensure project financial compliance, including procurement, contracting, and payment procedures are completed. Complete donor and IWPR financial and project reports.
- Manage the monitoring of project deliverables and outputs to ensure compliance with grant obligations. Edit and contribute to project reporting and M&E development. Gather information and prepare reports for project M&E.
- Assist in hiring, training, guiding, and advising staff. Ensure adherence to all IWPR and donor policies and procedures and all local labor laws.
- Represent IWPR at meetings, workshops, and other events related to the project or as assigned by managers. Coordinate activities with government officials, other implementers, stakeholders, and institutions as assigned.
- Compile materials for the monthly newsletters and company website when required.
- Ensure a work environment that is non-discriminatory and promotes open dialogue on gender-related and culturally sensitive issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proven ability to successfully manage projects and activities including project budgets and financial reports, especially in an EU grants context.
- Knowledge of the Middle East/North Africa context, especially Libya.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with donors, project stakeholders, in-country collaborators and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Strong written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well-organized manner.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and judgment. Proven willingness to make timely and sound decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Ability to work with a range of people from different backgrounds and cultures in an open-minded, non-dogmatic manner.
- Advanced computer skills in a Windows based environment including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong presentation skills, including experience in the design and facilitation of short- and long-term training programs.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic in a plus.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time, including to Libya (security permitting).
- Able to work legally in Tunisia.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Minimum seven years of international development project management experience in the Middle East/North Africa region, preferably with Libya or in a similar environment and with an EU grant mechanism.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Principals only. No calls please. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.
This position description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this position description. IWPR reserves the right to revise position descriptions at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Staff will be informed of any changes to their job responsibilities.