Institute for War and Peace Reporting | Giving Voice, Driving Change
We are seeking a Program Coordinator to supervise the project’s overall implementation and work directly with stakeholders and provide delivering all the activities of the project and ensuring that expenditures are in line with the project activities. Working under the supervision of the Country Director and in coordination with the Transitional Justice Technical Advisor, and under the framework of the project below.
- Oversee program implementation in consultation with the supervisor and in accordance with the project proposals, ensuring objectives are met within the required time frames and budgets. Where necessary ensure preventative and corrective action is taken in coordination with the supervisor.
- Work with subordinates and ensure they understand their roles and responsibilities in addition to following up and being accountable for their daily work.
- Initiate coordination with relevant national organizations, private sector companies and civil society initiatives where necessary.
- In coordination with the supervisor use technical experience and knowledge of the Syrian context to identify and resolve problems in project implementation and define workable solutions when issues arise while protecting safety of beneficiaries and IWPR’s interests.
- Manage a comprehensive activity plan - identifying and costing all resources required for implementation - for the program covering the time frames of the project proposals.
- Update on a monthly basis the programs implementation plan and coordinate on a monthly basis with the finance team in IWPR and partners to work on program monthly projections.
- Review and approve sub-recipients monthly reports and ensure they are submitted on time.
- In coordination with the team work on collecting and providing accurate data and reports for donor reports and submit it to the M&E focal point on time.
- Work and ensure all necessary grants packages are developed and compiled per program purpose and donor requirement.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with a broad range of stakeholders - project beneficiaries and partners and in some cases contractors to facilitate efficient and smooth running of the program;
- Coordinate with the Communication Manager to ensure that media outputs are met as per the impact of the proposal in order to be reported to the donor.
- In Coordination with the supervisor coordinate and follow up of activities with sub-recipients and raise concerns to the supervisor when arise to come up together with a solution.
- Represent IWPR in program locations at relevant national and local meetings with government officials, partners/contractors, other NGOs, etc., reporting back as applicable to the supervisor.
- Ensure that M&E for the program is well coordinated with the M&E focal point of the Syria program. In addition, to working with the team and partners to ensure verifications of targets are documented on IWPR Aodocs Syria program.
- Ensure that all program files are saved on Aodocs Work with the Country Director to develop a strategy to expand IWPR partnership in the Syrian sphere.
- Ensure timely and accurate collation of management information and project reporting, to enable more effective operational planning and decision-making.
- Undertake other relevant duties by the Country Director.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in law, human rights or international development or equivalent education and experience that demonstrates the ability to effectively perform in the position.
- 2-3 years of experience working in the field of transitional justice and human rights in Syria.
- 3 years of experience in project management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize assignments; effectively handle multiple assignments and work independently.
- Demonstrate attention to details and the ability to follow procedures and meet deadlines.
- Flexibility, creativity and the ability to maintain a rapid and demanding pace of work are also required.
- A high level of energy, positive attitude and the ability to work in a team setting and stressful program environment are essential.
- The ability to travel in the region when required.
- Fluency in English and proficiency in Arabic are required.
Principals only. No calls please. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.
This position description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this position description. IWPR reserves the right to revise position descriptions at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Staff will be informed of any changes to their job responsibilities.