Institute for War and Peace Reporting | Giving Voice, Driving Change
The Procurement & Compliance Coordinator will update and standardize relevant processes (procurement, subgrants, finance, travel, etc.) and provide guidance regarding compliance issues and donor regulations.
- Maintain and uphold the relevant standards and policies of the US Government procurement policies and regulations. This will include reviewing all relevant policies to ensure compliance with donor regulations and updating them as necessary, and developing procurement and other compliance-related procedures.
- Work with field offices to ensure that the procurement of goods and services is compliant with donor and IWPR rules and regulations.
- Provide guidance as requested regarding compliance issues and donor regulations.
- Develop procurement training and tools for IWPR staff and coach home and field office staff on procurement and other compliance issues.
- Participate in evaluations of proposals or quotations as needed.
- Perform periodic internal audits as needed.
- Promote integrity and a work environment of mutual respect and team spirit.
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other relevant discipline; minimum of seven years of professional experience in procurement; demonstrated related experience in developing and implementing policies, procedures, and best practices related to procurement and logistics in the international development sector; an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of compliance in an international NGO including in-depth knowledge of USAID and donor rules and regulations and a clear understanding of standards for procurement ethics.
- Strong organizational skills and with attention to detail.
- Ability to interact effectively with personnel at all levels, in HQ and the field.
- Fluency in English; ability to work in a second language desired.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; capacity to train and mentor field staff, as well as staff from other departments
- Demonstrated ability to develop and track budgets in Microsoft Excel .
- Ability to prioritize and effectively handle multiple assignments; flexibility, creativity, and the ability to maintain a rapid and demanding pace of work.
- A high level of energy, positive attitude and the ability to work in a team setting and stressful program environment and also to work independently.
- Ability to travel internationally as required.
Principals only. No calls please. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.
This position description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this position description. IWPR reserves the right to revise position descriptions at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Staff will be informed of any changes to their job responsibilities.