Institute for War and Peace Reporting | Giving Voice, Driving Change
IWPR is seeking a part time Digital Content Specialist for a period of 1 year to manage two websites and maintain the programme’s social media accounts including daily maintenance, developing content, monitoring traffic and engagement, and reporting on analytics. This role requires a dedicated professional with interest in technology, excellent editing and writing skills, knowledge in digital security practices and tools, digital advocacy and digital communication principles.
In this role you will require:
Good knowledge of digital security practices, digital hygiene and digital security tools used by human rights activists and journalists.
Good knowledge of digital communication principles, social networks and digital platforms used by civil society actors such as Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in digital communication, media, journalism, social studies or any related field,
- Knowledge of digital advocacy tools and principles,
- Excellent Arabic editing and writing skills with demonstrated blogging experience in Arabic,
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in social media and web analytics,
- Experience of managing WordPress websites,
- An excellent command of English and Arabic,
- Interest in human rights issues in the MENA region.
Principals only. No calls please. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.
This position description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this position description. IWPR reserves the right to revise position descriptions at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Staff will be informed of any changes to their job responsibilities.