Institute for War and Peace Reporting | Giving Voice, Driving Change
Reporting to the Country Director, works in close collaboration with the finance and program teams based in Beirut, Turkey and Syria. Coordinates the program operations in Lebanon and Syria including procurement, administration, logistics and security. Promptly and effectively provides all required support to programs so to deliver the assistance to beneficiaries in a timely, compliant and transparent manner.
- A relevant first Degree in Business or Arts.
- 2-3 years’ experience in operations (logistics, procurement), preferably within an NGO; international business or related field.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Strong computer skills on MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Demonstrated attention to details.
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work comfortably with ethnically diversified team members.
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel.
- Self-reliance and an ability to work in a challenging and demanding environments.
Principals only. No calls please. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.
This position description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this position description. IWPR reserves the right to revise position descriptions at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Staff will be informed of any changes to their job responsibilities.