Institute for War and Peace Reporting | Giving Voice, Driving Change
We are seeking an Operations Manager to provide overseeing the procurement and logistics, HR and office management of IWPR Lebanon’s office programs and ensure they are compliant with IWPR and donor rules and regulations.
- Manages and executes procurements associated with the projects grant portfolio.
- Implements standard pre-assessment criteria for prospective grantees.
- Prepares solicitation documents, solicits all competition requirements including advertisements for services, drafts final vendor selection or non-competition justification for files.
- Maintains the procurement tracker.
- Chairs procurement committee meeting.
- Prepares all relevant documentation for approval.
- Plans, organizes and leads the bid solicitation process including drafting and issuing RFQs and RFPs, developing bid evaluation criteria and guiding staff on processes.
- Manages the bid evaluation process ensuring the integrity of the competitive process. Facilitates bidder debriefings. Organizes and coordinates technical review committees for RFQ and RFP responses.
- Analyzes, negotiates and prepares contractual agreements, ensuring the interests of IWPR and the donor are protected. Leads negotiations with project vendors.
- Monitors and reviews progress of contractual agreements. Reviews invoices prior to approval for payment, resolving any problems that arise.
- Performs post contract evaluations.
- Prepares and processes requisitions, purchase orders and contracts for materials, supplies and services. Ensures they are in compliance with IWPR policy.
- Provides guidance on procurement matters for all project-related procurements.
- Measures vendor performance and manages vendors concerns and questions.
- Develops and maintains an updated vendor list by category with at least three vendors for each category.
- Maintains accurate procurement records both in paper and on the shared site. Maintains the contracts/lease tracker and maintenance/service schedules for office equipment and amenities. Maintains the fixed assets inventory record. Carries out periodic inventory and fixed asset counts.
- Ensures all capital assets are registered in the assets database and tagged prior to use by staff.
- Ensures efficient organization and execution of events, conferences, workshops, large general meetings, including arrangements for lodging, catering and equipment use.
- Manages the work of assigned staff and sub-recipients.
- Prioritizes, organizes, distributes, and coordinates the flow of work.
- Trains, guides, and advises staff.
- Ensures adherence to the Global Employee Handbook, Lebanon Handbook Addendum and other corporate and applicable policies, procedures, and schedules.
- Makes recommendations concerning employment actions.
- Resolves routine operating problems as they arise.
- Ensures protocols are followed to assist with the safety of staff and property.
- Provide training, support and guidance to sub-recipients to ensure they adhere by the donor rules and regulations and to building their capacities.
B. HR and office management
- Coordinate the recruitment process per IWPR rules and regulations.
- Ensure performance Evaluations are conducted.
- Ensure that all personnel information are on bamboo in coordination with the Finance and Admin Manager.
- Ensure HR policies comply with local laws and our local HR handbook is shared and understood by local staff.
- Work closely with the Finance department and Country director to mitigate fraud or any conflict of interest.
- Coordinate team building activities and staff development.
- Ensure office management and functionality of the office
C. Security and IT
- Work closely with the Country Director and Risk Security Manager to have an updated country list analysis.
- Ensure that the IT and social media policy is within IWPR policies and ensure they are implemented.
- Coordinate with the IT provider when needed
Other relevant assigned duties by the Country Director
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or or other relevant discipline; or equivalent education and experience that demonstrates the ability to effectively perform in the position;
- 2-4 years of experience.
- Knowledge of major donor requirements and compliance issues.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Solid knowledge of security protocols and ability to work appropriately in an insecure environment.
- Strong management skills, with good understanding of relevant cross-cultural issues.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability in using Microsoft Excel to develop and track budgets.
- Ability to prioritize assignments; effectively handle multiple assignments and work independently.
- Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to maintain a rapid and demanding pace of work are also required.
- Applicant should be detail-oriented, well organized and committed to excellence.
- A high level of energy, positive attitude and the ability to work in a team setting and stressful program environment are essential.
- The Ability to travel in the region when required.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities. A clear understanding of ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Fluency in English and proficiency in Arabic.
Principals only. No calls please. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.
This position description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this position description. IWPR reserves the right to revise position descriptions at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Staff will be informed of any changes to their job responsibilities.