Institute for War and Peace Reporting | Giving Voice, Driving Change
Collaborate with field project personnel on the preparation of M&E plans and recommend ideas, suggestions, and corrective actions, to streamline the process. Provide technical assistance in the design of survey tools, questionnaires, and development, revision or restructuring of any already developed M&E frameworks and tools.
The role will include liaising with IWPR’s Ukraine staff and partners, as well as potential liaison with staff located in IWPR’s UK offices.
The role is expected to consist of 10 days of support, with the potential for extension.
- Design and/or review and refine program Monitoring and evaluation plans in support of IWPR project needs and strategic priorities;
- Provide staffing suggestions and data capture recommendations for the project, as relates to M&E;
- Provide technical assistance in the design of M&E tools for the project such as questionnaires for surveys and key information, in-depth interviews, as well as other tools to ensure the quality control of data collection. Designing reliable and valid measurement instruments and/or developing new measurement tools as needed;
- Apply expertise in M&E design and methodology to help with capturing Stakeholders and beneficiaries outcome;
- Provide survey-related design, administration, and evaluation guidance and expertise to program staff;
- Provide technical assistance planning and designing evaluation research methodologies with the purpose of assessing needs, aiding in program improvement, demonstrating accountability, effectiveness or impact, all to inform programmatic decisions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of evaluation design and implementation, including logic models, mixed research methods, data collection and management, and data analysis and presentation to inform implementation and practice
- Ability to clearly and consistently organise, manage and present complex information.
- Skill in writing comprehensive and routine reports for various audiences related monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong data analysis and synthesis skills, especially around the visual presentation of data.
- Skills in knowledge management, database organization, and design;
- Strong facilitation, teaching and coaching skills related to monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to work independently and to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Sound ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on research data and findings.
- Demonstrated ability to use Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) for data capture, collection and/or analysis
- Ability to provide hands-on technical assistance and guidance to a broad array of staff and partners.
- English, Ukrainian and Russian language skills (written and oral).
- University degree in a relevant field; 10+ years of professional experience with strong demonstrated expertise in the area of M&E and proven ability to design and implement M&E plans; years of experience could be substituted by advanced educational credentials.
- Significant experience in Ukraine and the wider region; required experience working with international donor agencies, preferably European donors.
- Experience conceptualizing and creating user-friendly guidelines, manuals, infographics and learning materials for technical subjects
- Exceptional writing skills to effectively create clear and concise reports, manuals, strategies and/or guidelines
- Experience evaluating the effectiveness of development projects, in particular those using media, related to capacity building / anti-corruption efforts.
- Experience developing and administering survey instruments, protocol, and procedures.
Principals only. No calls please. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.
This position description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this position description. IWPR reserves the right to revise position descriptions at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Staff will be informed of any changes to their job responsibilities.