Institute for War and Peace Reporting | Giving Voice, Driving Change
IWPR is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant Consultant to support the data collection, analysis and reporting of programs in Asia, and recommends concepts, interventions and corrective actions towards effective program delivery.
In this role you will:
- Assist in the design, review and refinement of M&E plans, approaches and tools of IWPR programs.
- Assist in the design of evaluation research methods of IWPR programs.
- Assist the M&E Lead in collecting program performance data. This includes establishing and regularly updating M&E database for each program; and ensuring M&E data integrity.
- Assist the M&E Lead in analyzing M&E data, including gaps and learning, and in recommending ways forward to improve program implementation.
- Assist the M&E Lead in promptly submitting monthly, quarterly and annual program M&E reports in accordance with the forms and systems of IWPR and partner donors.
- Ensure a work environment that is non-discriminatory and promotes open dialogue on gender-related and culturally sensitive issues.
- Undertake other duties and assignments as may be assigned from time to time.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or related field.
- Minimum of four years of professional experience in monitoring and evaluating large, complex, and multi-year programs around media, information, human rights, and governance, in Asia or other regions.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge in M&E design and implementation, including logic models, mixed research methods, data collection and management, and data analysis and presentation to inform implementation and practice.
- Proven skills in developing and administering survey instruments, protocols, and procedures.
- Proven skills in knowledge management, database organization, and design.
- Experience in writing M&E comprehensive and routine reports for various audiences.
- Strong data organization, analysis and synthesis skills, especially around the visual presentation of complex data.
- Sound ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on research data and findings.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative while working within a team.
- Fluency in English.
- Willingness to travel to Philippine provinces and internationally when necessary.
- Ability to provide coordination and logistical support to M&E training.
Principals only. No calls please. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.
This position description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this position description. IWPR reserves the right to revise position descriptions at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Staff will be informed of any changes to their job responsibilities.