Institute for War and Peace Reporting | Giving Voice, Driving Change
We are seeking a Finance Officer to provide support the accounting cycle of the finance office working under the direction of the Finance Manager.
- Assist in the administration, accounting, and finance aspects for Lebanon field office.
- Assist in the completion of all finance reports. Ensure compliance with all regulations including host country, donor, and IWPR.
- Assist in day-to-day administrative issues responding to any related requests from the Lebanon office.
- Review payment requests, expense reports (travel expense reports and operational expense reports) for accuracy and completeness and ensure that expense reports have been fully approved before payment
- Support the Finance Manager in preparing month end balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Support the Finance Manager in the preparation the monthly reporting package to Country Director and HQ.
- Support the Finance Manager in monitoring cash and bank balances and coordinate monthly cash flow requests from the field in order to consolidate them and send a fund request for approval to Country Director and submit it to HQ.
- Oversee daily cash count with the assistance of the Finance Manager.
- Collect, record, and archive the project’s financial documents and invoices.
- Manage all correspondence related to administration and finance.
- Enter all expenses into software system and general ledger and compare the balance with the current cash flow.
- Maintain accounting systems, policies and procedures, financial controls, strict accounting standards and accounting records, and up-to-date books of accounts.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the Finance Manager and Country Director.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or finance is required.
- 2-3 years of experience in the finance department working within International organizations is preferable.
- Demonstrated competency with computerized general ledger software.
- Advanced computer skills in MS office and particularly in Excel.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Professional standard of finance ethics and ability to enforce IWPR and donor policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate attention to details and the ability to follow procedures and meet deadlines.
Principals only. No calls please. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.
This position description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this position description. IWPR reserves the right to revise position descriptions at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Staff will be informed of any changes to their job responsibilities.