Institute for War and Peace Reporting | Giving Voice, Driving Change
IWPR is seeking an experienced Finance Associate who will assist in the administration, accounting, and finance aspects for Lebanon field office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the completion of all finance reports. Enter all expenses into software system, and general ledger and compare the balance with the current cash flow.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations including host country, donor, and IWPR.
- Maintain accounting systems, policies and procedures, financial controls, strict accounting standards and accounting records, and up-to- date books of accounts
- Assist in day to day administrative issues. Manage all correspondence related to administration and finance.
- Collect, record, and archive the project’s financial documents and invoices.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other related fields.
- Two years’ experience working in related finance role; highly recommended having relevant work experience in NGOs/INGOs.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, strong finance skills, adaptability, resilient and fast-learning; must be detail-oriented and a problem-solver.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good organizational skills.
- Experience with project budget management;
- Fluency in English and Arabic required;
- Right to work in Lebanon is required (only local candidates will be considered)
- January 12, 2018.
Principals only. No calls please. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.
This position description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this position description. IWPR reserves the right to revise position descriptions at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Staff will be informed of any changes to their job responsibilities.