Institute for War and Peace Reporting | Giving Voice, Driving Change
We are seeking for a Finance and Administration Assistant to assist in the administrative management of the Manila office; and in project bookkeeping, field financial transaction recording and reconciliation, sub-recipient compliance, and financial oversight and report to partner donors.
- Assist in developing and managing efficient payment systems through bank and/or money transfer services.
- Assist in maintaining accurate financial records, including cash receipts, cash disbursements, monthly cash flows, and general journals of the project.
- Assist in reviewing and promptly submitting monthly, quarterly and annual financial expense reports in accordance with the forms and systems of IWPR and partner donors.
- Assist in reviewing and requesting cash advances and invoices from project field office.
- Assist in following up and checking project expense reports, including those from sub-recipients, for proper submission to IWPR.
- Help ensure recording of incoming and outgoing documents linked to finance and administration, and proper circulation to personnel concerned, including contracts of field staff, consultants and sub-recipients.
- Help provide logistical support to key activities of IWPR projects, including international travel and packaging of conference materials, and in filing, scanning, and photocopying of back-up documents for finance reports.
- Prepare and file the monthly, quarterly, annual returns/remittances to various government agencies (i.e. Bureau of Internal Revenue, Social Security System, Philippine Health Insurance Corporation, and PAG-IBIG Fund).
- Ensures a work environment that is non-discriminatory and promotes open dialogue on gender-related and culturally sensitive issues.
- Undertakes other duties and assignments as may be assigned from time to time.
- The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field.
- Minimum of four years of related experience at a similar level within the international NGO community.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrates strong understanding and skill in General and Financial Accounting.
- Demonstrates ability to manage financial aspects of small-scale grants, both in local and international settings.
- In-depth knowledge of and proven ability to work with various donor financial regulations while maintaining compliance to IWPR policy.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrates ability to work in an inter-country team environment.
- Strong written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in a clear, concise, well-organized manner.
- Highly organized and is capable to work independently and take initiative.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially in Excel.
- Knowledge in QuickBooks or any Accounting software is an advantage.
- Fluency in English.
- Willingness to travel to Philippine provinces and internationally when necessary.
Principals only. No calls please. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.
This position description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this position description. IWPR reserves the right to revise position descriptions at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Staff will be informed of any changes to their job responsibilities.