Institute for War and Peace Reporting | Giving Voice, Driving Change
Institute for War & Peace Reporting is an independent not-for profit organisation that works with media and civil society to promote positive change in conflict zones, closed societies, and countries in transition around the world. IWPR is currently implementing programs in Syria covering the topics of governance, peace-building and transitional justice.
IWPR is seeking an Intern to provide support to the Finance and Admin Department.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate with Finance and Admin Manager to ensure timely payment of all invoices, including vendors’ adherence to payment terms as per contracts.
- Assist in data entry into the financial accounting system.
- Assist the Finance and Admin Manager in liaising with HQ requests.
- Check that procurement process has been followed and documentation is saved in each payment request issued.
- Manage G-Drive storage and hard copy storage of all original expenditure evidence and financial related documents according to internal policy and project protocols.
- Facilitate the smooth flowing of routine, administrative work of the IWPR office and program support operations in Lebanon including travel coordination.
- Provide support for other requests from the program office or other departments if needed.
The successful candidate will have:
- A University degree in Finance, Accounting, Social Sciences or any related field or currently enrolled in a university program.
- A good understanding and/or genuine interest of the Syrian context and related issues.
- Proven data collection, processing, analysis and interpretation skills.
- Strong computer skills including Excel spreadsheets and formulas.
- Excellent oral and written English and Arabic proficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communications skills.
- Experience in interacting with people from different cultures and backgrounds, displaying cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Pro-activeness and initiative, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Principals only. No calls please. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.
This position description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this position description. IWPR reserves the right to revise position descriptions at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Staff will be informed of any changes to their job responsibilities.