Institute for War and Peace Reporting | Giving Voice, Driving Change
Founded in 1991 to support local activists and journalists in the collapsing Yugoslavia who stood against rising intolerance and hate speech, IWPR has grown into an independent not-for-profit organisation that works with media and civil society to promote positive change in closed, in conflict and in transitioning societies worldwide. From home offices in the United States and The Netherlands, and our global headquarters in London, we work on the ground in more than two dozen of the world’s most challenging environments.
Assist in the administrative management of the Manila office, in project bookkeeping, field financial transaction recording and reconciliation, sub-recipient compliance, and financial oversight and report to partner donors.
1. Assist in:
- Developing and managing efficient payment systems through bank and/or money transfer services.
- Maintaining accurate financial records, including cash receipts, cash disbursements, monthly cash flows, and general journals of the project.
- Reviewing and promptly submitting monthly, quarterly and annual financial expense reports in accordance with the forms and systems of IWPR and partner donors.
- Reviewing and requesting cash advances and invoices from project field office.
- Following up and checking project expense reports, including those from sub-recipients, for proper submission to IWPR.
- Ensuring recording of incoming and outgoing documents linked to finance and administration, and proper circulation to personnel concerned, including contracts of field staff, consultants and sub-recipients.
- Providing logistical support to key activities of IWPR projects, including international travel and packaging of conference materials, and in filing, scanning, and photocopying of back-up documents for finance reports.
2. Prepare and file the monthly, quarterly, annual returns/remittances to various government agencies (i.e. Bureau of Internal Revenue, Social Security System, Philippine Health Insurance Corporation, and PAG-IBIG Fund).
3. Ensurea a work environment that is non-discriminatory and promotes open dialogue on gender-related and culturally sensitive issues.
Principals only. No calls please. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.
This position description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this position description. IWPR reserves the right to revise position descriptions at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Staff will be informed of any changes to their job responsibilities.