Institute for War and Peace Reporting | Giving Voice, Driving Change
IWPR is seeking a professional to work as Baghdad Office Manager/Outreach Officer who will support the programmatic management of one or multiple projects of IWPR Iraq program, work with Programme director to create an outreach/communication and new business development plan, and maintain relationships with existing and potential partners.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the administration function for the program.
- Responsible for all program-related HR and admin work, including staff attendance, leaves. Complies with the IWPR rules and procedures.
- Responsible for all program-related procurement, ensuring compliance with all donor requirements. Complies with the IWPR procurement manual.
- Ensures communication, coordination and functioning within and among program field offices.
- Sustains internal control tools that enhance efficient and proper use of program resources.
- Manages and ensures proper recording and tracking of all program assets. Negotiates office, apartments, and vehicle leases and ensure landlords are in compliance with lease terms and conditions.
- Ensures successful organization and execution of events, conferences, workshops, and general meetings.
- Arrange for visas, residencies, permissions, and legal paperwork for expat staff, consultants and for the local staff and other beneficiaries if deemed necessary and program relevant.
- Performs outreach to the local authorities. Works with Programme director to create an outreach/communication plan, and maintain relationships with existing and potential partners.
- Represents IWPR to government of Iraq and other state bodies and ministries, local partners, NGO and other agencies, and individuals.
- Maintains outreach and visibility and promotes the programs; facilitates successful coordination of activities, and ensures transparency.
- Assists in all aspects of new business development, including finding data and partners, determining estimates for budgeting for proposals to enhance the current programs.
- Leads the work of assigned group.
- Guides and advises staff on all aforementioned duties, to ensure smooth and proper implementation of these duties.
- Ensures that established policies, procedures, and schedules are met.
- Resolves problems as they arise.
- Makes suggestions to improve operations and implements changes as approved.
- Allocates and coordinates the flow of work.
- Contribute to the programme reporting (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, and special events)
- Ability to communicate effectively with persons on all levels both inside and outside the company.
- Demonstrated ability to write required documents in clear, concise, well-organized manner.
- Ability to manage and assign projects team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent financial management skills.
- Solid computer skills.
- Fluent in Arabic and English, written and oral, are able to travel in country.
- Legally authorized to work in Iraq.
- Possess at a minimum an undergraduate degree in a relevant field of study and minimum of five years of progressively greater responsibility in development program management, managing programs in complex environments.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
This role is for 5 months, with a possibility of renewal.
Interested applicants should send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, highlighting “Baghdad Office Manager/Outreach Officer, Iraq” in the subject line. We will only contact those who are finalists for this role. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. IWPR will never ask for a fee for recruitment.
Principals only. No calls please. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.
This position description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this position description. IWPR reserves the right to revise position descriptions at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Staff will be informed of any changes to their job responsibilities.