Institute for War and Peace Reporting | Giving Voice, Driving Change
IWPR is seeking an Advertising Training Consultant (individual or company) to train 18 members of Radio Directors and technicians for four (4) days in Erbil, Iraq. The training will introduce the partners to the creative side of advertisement creation and will build in-house production capacity. the trainer will work with the participant to develop their skills for creating on-air and online advertising materials.
The training will go through the creative thinking of marketing and advertising, as well as the process of scriptwriting and content production. The training will assist the participants and train them on/writing and producing on-air radio advertising material; train on/ writing and producing advertisements for social media platforms; introduce trainees to the concepts of fair and accurate commercial content; introduce trainees to tools and tips that increase their creativity in producing advertising materials.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The training will go through the creative thinking of advertising, as well as the process of scriptwriting and content production.
Activities will focus on the following:
- Providing a (4) four days training course for 18 individuals
- Preparing a rich visual course syllabus with examples and hands-on exercise
- Training participants on writing and producing on-air radio advertising material
- Training participants on writing and producing advertisements for social media platforms
- Introducing trainees to the concepts of fair and accurate commercial content
- Introducing trainees to tools and tips that increase their creativity in producing advertising materials.
- Providing M&E material for pre & post-training tests according to IWPR requirements and templates. Agenda, training plan and curriculum for the aforementioned subject. Producing a survey to gauge the technical skill/knowledge set of the champions prior to the training. Providing an evaluative report of the conducted course according to an IWPR’s template
- Drafting training material and conducting training sessions in Arabic
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Advertising and Marketing Journalism, Media, and Communications, or a related field; Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for the educational requirement
- A minimum of three (8+) years of experience in advertising, marketing, communications & media, international development, community organizing, advocacy, campaigning, and organizational development
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff, international, third-country nationals and local
- High level of oral and written communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Working knowledge of PC-based word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Working knowledge of basic budget and accounting procedures
- Interest in and working knowledge of- Country of Assignment (Iraq)
- Analysis and coordination and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in oral and written Arabic and English required
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to meet deadlines
- Ability to coordinate activities with superiors, colleagues and field staff
Principals only. No calls please. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.
This position description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this position description. IWPR reserves the right to revise position descriptions at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Staff will be informed of any changes to their job responsibilities.