Institute for War and Peace Reporting | Giving Voice, Driving Change
The successful candidate will process all accounts payable and be responsible for office operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will process the accounts payables for the company, developing intercompany invoices for approval where required and submitting approved invoices with supporting documentation. You will monitor the main operations bank account daily and alert the Accounting Manager to possible concerns. You are responsible for all A/P data entry and maintaining all required files. You can assist with year-end audits including pulling required documentation and providing ad-hoc analysis as needed. You will also be responsible for all office operations functions such as ordering supplies and answering the telephone.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of international charity and for-profit finance including knowledge of applicable accounting practices, principles and systems in order to maintain general ledgers, journals, prepare related statements and reports.
- You have a basic knowledge of multi-currency accounting and have worked with accounting software.
- Excellent problem solving, research and analytical skills, comfortable working with Microsoft software and Google Docs.
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, and have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field.
- Minimum of three years of related experience, preferably in an international charity.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Principals only. No calls please. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.
This position description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this position description. IWPR reserves the right to revise position descriptions at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Staff will be informed of any changes to their job responsibilities.