Global Voices | Institute for War and Peace Reporting
Global VoicesJournalists trained by IWPR produce news, analysis, and comment pieces on the issues that affect their countries and communities.
South SudanContributions come from across the country to ensure broadcasts have nationwide relevance.
SyriaA new project aims to allow displaced families to return.
SyriaAn elderly man is beaten for missing prayers.
CubaCubans are travelling through Mexico to get to the United States.
افغانستانActivists say that the problem has reached epidemic proportions.
IWPR provides a multilingual platform for journalists who would otherwise have no outlet. Multimedia and text stories cover the themes of IWPR’s project activities, from human rights to good governance, conflict to inclusive societies. Story production is an integral part of IWPR’s training methodology, as on-the-job mentoring builds massively on formal training courses.
- Europe & Eurasia
- Latin America
- Middle East & North Africa
- Training & Resources
- Print Publications
- Afghan Peace and Reconciliation
- ICTY - Radovan Karadžić Trial
- ICTY - Ratko Mladić Trial
- International Justice - ICC
- International Justice - ICTY
- Letters from an Azerbaijan Jail
- Promoting Human Rights and Good Governance in Afghanistan
- Speaking Out: Women's Voices from Syria
- Youth and Elections, Afghanistan
"IWPR produces fine reports from unstable parts of the world that are too often ignored by the mainstream media — reports that promote understanding in place of entrenched bigotry and prejudice."