Global Voices | Institute for War and Peace Reporting
Global VoicesJournalists trained by IWPR produce news, analysis, and comment pieces on the issues that affect their countries and communities.
AzerbaijanTwo policemen and four alleged members of an Islamist group killed in shootout near Baku.
Armenia, Russia, TurkeyGovernment hopes that devolving revenue collection will help curb tax evasion. It may, but only among the poor.
TajikistanActivists move abroad in anticipation of restrictions.
AzerbaijanBad news – it doesn’t herald a softer line on dissent or a clampdown on corruption.
افغانستانTaxpayers say they'd be happier contributing if they were sure the money wasn’t being purloined.
IWPR provides a multilingual platform for journalists who would otherwise have no outlet. Multimedia and text stories cover the themes of IWPR’s project activities, from human rights to good governance, conflict to inclusive societies. Story production is an integral part of IWPR’s training methodology, as on-the-job mentoring builds massively on formal training courses.
- Europe & Eurasia
- Latin America
- Middle East & North Africa
- Training & Resources
- Print Publications
- Promoting Human Rights and Good Governance in Afghanistan
- ICTY - Radovan Karadžić Trial
- ICTY - Ratko Mladić Trial
- International Justice - ICC
- International Justice - ICTY
- Afghan Peace and Reconciliation
- Letters from an Azerbaijan Jail
- Speaking Out: Women's Voices from Syria
- Youth and Elections, Afghanistan
"IWPR produces fine reports from unstable parts of the world that are too often ignored by the mainstream media — reports that promote understanding in place of entrenched bigotry and prejudice."