Global Voices | Institute for War and Peace Reporting
Global VoicesJournalists trained by IWPR produce news, analysis, and comment pieces on the issues that affect their countries and communities.
Georgia, AbkhaziaThe Inguri hydroelectric power plant badly needs repairs that would put it out of action for months if not years.
AzerbaijanExperts warn that the situation has been getting worse, not better.
TajikistanHopes that new legislation will help change culture of impunity.
SyriaA bomb shatters one family's future.
SyriaJoy and pain mingle in a city under siege.
IWPR provides a multilingual platform for journalists who would otherwise have no outlet. Multimedia and text stories cover the themes of IWPR’s project activities, from human rights to good governance, conflict to inclusive societies. Story production is an integral part of IWPR’s training methodology, as on-the-job mentoring builds massively on formal training courses.
- Europe & Eurasia
- Latin America
- Middle East & North Africa
- Training & Resources
- Print Publications
- NEW: Spotlight
- Afghan Peace and Reconciliation
- ICTY - Radovan Karadžić Trial
- ICTY - Ratko Mladić Trial
- International Justice - ICC
- International Justice - ICTY
- Letters from an Azerbaijan Jail
- Promoting Human Rights and Good Governance in Afghanistan
- Speaking Out: Women's Voices from Syria
- Youth and Elections, Afghanistan