RFQ: Trainer - Social Media Training | Institute for War and Peace Reporting
Trainer - Social Media Training
As part of the implementation of the Voices for Change project, IWPR is looking to engage experienced consultants or a consulting firm to provide online/remote training in social media for 12 selected Libyan media outlets, media professionals and CSOs. These will have demonstrated potential and willingness to participate in producing content through a competitive application process.
The objective of the training is to build the capacity of the partner media outlets, media professionals and CSOs through advanced training that promotes a better understanding and use of social media with a focus on the skills, necessary tools and methodology to produce themed content to publish on a variety of platforms.
Scope of Work
- Serving as the trainer in designing and conducting the online/remote training;
- Serving as mentor in designing and conducting one-on-one trainings;
- Working closely with IWPR to agree on final details of the training`s agenda/curriculum;
- Preparing all training materials;
- Ability to produce training videos;
- Administering monitoring and evaluation tools that meet donor and IWPR requirements. This will include a pre- and post-training test for participants;
- Creating a warm, welcoming and safe group environment;
- Increasing participants’ knowledge, awareness and capacity to leverage their digital brand.
Technical specifications for the consultant
- Strong training skills in the specific subject matter detailed elsewhere in this request;
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Good skills in e-learning and use of technology in training;
- At least five to eight years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in social media, including demonstrated knowledge of the most current environmental and operational factors in Libya;
- Fluency in Arabic is a must;
- English reporting skill.
- The training will be for the benefit of 12 Libyan media and CSO partners;
- Two days of online one-on-one remote training with each of the 12 partners;
- This training will target up to six participants from each of the 12 partners;
- A training narrative report in English is required;
- A toolkit for participants in Arabic that summarises the social media tools practiced during the training;
- A data analysis of pre- and post- test and evaluation.
How to Apply
If you are interested in submitting a proposal for this training kindly send an email by the 29th of September 2020 to email@example.com with a detailed resume, quotation, and training design.
"IWPR reserves the right to issue one or more consultancy agreements. This consultancy is pending donor approval and may be canceled at any time"
As coronavirus sweeps the globe, IWPR’s network of local reporters, activists and analysts are examining the economic, social and political impact of this era-defining pandemic.