Request for Proposals for Audit Services | Institute for War and Peace Reporting
RFP No: US-AS-2020-12
Issue Date: January 8, 2021
Date to Submit Intention to Respond: January 13, 2021
Date to Submit Questions by: January 19, 2021 5:30 PM EST
Date IWPR will answer by: January 21, 2021
Date for Proposal Submissions: no later than February 5, 2021, 5:30 pm EST
Institute for War and Peace Reporting - IWPR supports local reporters, citizen journalists and civil society activists in three dozen countries in conflict, crisis and transition around the world. We contribute to peace and good governance by strengthening the ability of media and civil society to speak out. We do this by training, mentoring and providing platforms for professional and citizen reporters; building up the institutional capacity of media and civic groups; and working with independent and official partners to remove barriers to free expression, robust public debate and citizen engagement. IWPR works in some of the most challenging operating environments.
IWPR receives restricted-donor funding from the US government. On average, it has 10-15 active US Department of State funded grants and cooperative agreements per year. The 2020 revenue is estimated to be $10 million.
Scope of Work
IWPR intends to award a contract to the most responsive, qualified bidder to provide the auditing services described below. The period of performance will be three years starting with fiscal year 2020 (January 1 - December 31) with an option to extend two more years through fiscal year 2024.
- Creating an audit plan and conducting entrance and exit conferences with senior management
- Auditing financial statements in line with US government accounting standards including:
- Assessing strength of internal controls
- Examining evidence supporting the amounts and disclosures on the financial statements, assessing accounting principles used, evaluating overall financial statement presentation
- Performing the US government Single Audit in accordance with 2 CFR 200 Subpart F
- Auditing IWPR’s Negotiated Indirect Cost Rate Agreement (NICRA) for presentation as a final rate to the Department of Interior who manages NICRA negotiations and monitoring for IWPR’s cognizant agency, the US Department of State
- Preparing Form 990 for submission to Internal Revenue Service
- Prepare draft report and management letter per 2 CFR 200 Subpart F requirements and discuss with senior management
- Prepare final report and management letter and present to Audit Committee
Target Schedule for Services
The anticipated timeline for the FY2020 audit is April 2021 to June 2021. Subsequent annual audits are projected to occur in the same timeframe. If performance is satisfactory, the two option years will be exercised to extend the period of performance to 2025 to cover the FY2024 and FY2025 audits.
- At least 15 years of experience auditing international organizations working with restricted donor funding such as IWPR
- Assignment of key personnel with at least 10 years of relevant experience to the IWPR account
- In-depth knowledge of US government compliance requirements for assistance
- Experience with auditing US government Negotiated Indirect Cost Rates Agreements managed by the Department of Interior including excellent knowledge of its schedules and requirements.
- Capacity to conduct paperless audits with a high level of data security and US government data protection standards and ensure confidentiality of client information
A. Expression of Interest
Bidders who are interested in submitting proposals should send an email to USpayables@iwpr.net no later than February 5, 2021.
Proposals must include all the required services listed in the Scope of Work and address the following:
- Firm’s methodology for conducting the required services including a detailed timeline
- Firm’s past performance conducting the required services including a list of at least 5 clients similar to IWPR and three references
- Profiles of the key personnel to be assigned to IWPR’s account
- Cost proposal with labor category rates
Proposals should be no more than 10 pages long and must be submitted electronically to USpayables@iwpr.net by 5:30 pm EST on February 5, 2021. Proposals submitted after this date will not be considered.
IWPR’s Selection Committee will contact shortlisted firms for interviews.
Questions may be submitted to USpayables@iwpr.net until January 19, 2021. Responses will be emailed directly to all bidders by January 21, 2021.
D. Evaluation Criteria
|Past Performance and Experience||30|
|Audit Team Qualifications||20|