RFQ: Aswat Horra Online Platform
Date: February 15, 2021
SUBJECT: REQUEST FOR QUOTATIONS
Institute for War & Peace Reporting (IWPR) invites your firm to participate in this competitive solicitation for pricing, delivery, and terms of potential sale on the following products/services for IWPR’s Libya-Tunis office.
IWPR is an independent, non-governmental organization which gives voice to people at the frontlines of conflict and transition to help them drive change.
The IWPR Libya-Tunis Office plans under its Aswat Horra Project (Free Voices) to create an online platform which will act as an interactive regional hub that will provide Freedom of Expression (FoE) training and mentoring; multimedia tools and resources; secure messaging and round table discussions; and team meetings for advocacy planning. The platform will build networks between proponents of FoE; facilitate collaboration between local partners, activists and journalists; gather evidence of FoE violations and resistance; and enable sharing of knowledge and learning. This platform will serve as a secure space for networking and peer to peer collaboration between CSOs, infomediaries, activists and other parties, to facilitate information sharing, cross-fertilisation of knowledge, evidence, and learning. Users will only be able to access the platform with a secure login and unique user IDs to protect participants from security breaches.
The objectives of the platform/hub are to:
- Develop an interactive platform that allows for partner engagement and information sharing;
- Act as a collaboration space for ideas, questions, and discussions between local and international partners;
- Create a resource centre with downloadable training materials, videos, manuals, etc.
- The platform will need to be hosted on a secure hosting service to ensure digital security.
Scope of services
The work is to be divided into:
- Create/update platform, including testing and quality assurance;
- Create an interface/platform for educational and training content on the website, including testing and quality assurance;
- Users will only be able to access the platform with a secure login and unique user IDs to protect participants from security breaches and two-factor authentication.
- Create a peer-to-peer exchange portal. This exchange will be accessed by pre-assigned user passwords and user aliases. It will not be integrated with the main platform to avoid security breach;
- The platform should be in English and Arabic;
- Optimise the site for low bandwidth users;
- The platform should include a comprehensive search function;
- Basic graphic design, including suitable logo development, for the website;
- Ongoing clinic management and oversight/troubleshooting.
The website will include (but may not be limited to) the following sections:
- Aswat Horra Chat room – This section will enable users to interreact with one another via discussion threads and/or one-to-one conversation. This must have end-to-end encryption embedded to ensure security.
- Online resource centre - enables the uploading and downloading of training materials, manuals, videos and reference materials. Discussion and mentoring space with end-to-end encryption.
- Programme, Digital Security and Covid-19 Updates - This will be a new, simple section of the site, where IWPR’s team can provide links to articles, information and data about the programme, digital security and COVID-19.
The company should have:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in web development.
- Proven experience of web design and support in the International Development sector.
- Strong experience in well-known and widely used platforms, such as WordPress, etc.
- Strong track record in website design; security and administration.
- Include link to portfolio with at least 3 current/live websites.
Proposal Submission Details
Interested parties should submit proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org, which should include an outline of the organisation’s capabilities, including 2-3 samples of previously developed platforms and a suggested total budget in GBP - including line items - for this work. Total price must include all taxes and fees, in GBP, and should be expressed in a per unit basis, based on Chart 1 below. Please also include a timeline for the design and development of the clinic.
All quotations must be submitted via email by March 3, 2021. Any queries can be sent to email@example.com.
Total price must include all taxes and fees, in GBP, and should be expressed in a per unit basis, based on the Chart below.
CHART 1: DESCRIPTION OF REQUIRED PRODUCTS/SERVICES
Description of Products/Services
Unit Cost (GBP)
Total Cost (GBP)
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
The evaluation of each response to this RFQ will be based on the vendor’s demonstrated competence, compliance, format, and organization. The purpose of this RFQ is to identify product/service providers that have the interest, capability, and financial strength to supply IWPR with the product/service requested.
Selection will be based on price, quality of product/service, and vendor experience. All quotes will be evaluated and scored based on the following criteria:
- Price – 20%
- Delivery Time – 30%
- Product Quality – 30%
- Vendor Experience – 20%
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Request for Quotes is not and shall not be considered an offer by IWPR.
- All responses must be received on or before the date and time indicated on the RFQ. All late responses will be rejected.
- All unresponsive quotes will be rejected.
- All quotes will be considered binding offers. Prices quoted must be valid for entire period provided by respondent.
- All procurement will be subject to IWPR contractual terms and conditions and contingent on the availability of donor funding.
- IWPR reserves the right to accept or reject any quotation or cancel the procurement process at any time, without assigning any reason, and shall have no liability to any vendors submitting RFQs for such rejection or cancellation of the procurement.
- IWPR reserves the right to accept all or part of the quotation when awarding the purchase order/contract.
- All information provided by IWPR in this RFQ is offered in good faith. Individual items are subject to change at any time and all bidders will be provided with notification of any changes.
- IWPR is not responsible or liable for any use of the information submitted by bidders or for any claims asserted therefrom.
- IWPR reserves the right to require any bidder to enter into a non-disclosure agreement.
- The bidders are solely obligated to pay for all costs, of any kind whatsoever, which may be incurred by bidder or any third parties, in connection with the Response. All Responses and supporting documentation shall become the property of IWPR, subject to claims of confidentiality in respect of the Response and supporting documentation, which have been clearly marked confidential by the bidder.
FORM/CONTENT OF RESPONSE
All quotations shall:
- Be in the English language.
- Contain detailed cost in GBP, with applicable Tax/Charges clearly identified, and provide a detailed description of services and related costs for each category.
- Provide requested payment terms and conditions.
- Describe the qualifications, experience and capabilities of the firm in providing the type of services being request by this RFQ.
- Provide at least 3 references for similar procurements with a description of the work done and the dates performed.
- Include a contact name, email address, and telephone number to facilitate communication between IWPR and the vendor.
- A brief outline of the company and services offered, including:
- Full legal name, jurisdiction of incorporation, and address of the company
- Full legal name and country of citizenry of company’s President and / or Chief Executive Officer and / or all other officers and senior managers of the company
- Year business was established
Principals only. No calls please. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.
This position description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this position description. IWPR reserves the right to revise position descriptions at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Staff will be informed of any changes to their job responsibilities.