Project Officer, Lebanon/Remote
Institute for War & Peace Reporting is an independent not-for profit organization that works with media and civil society to promote positive change in conflict zones, closed societies, and countries in transition around the world. As part of IWPR, Etihad works on training and building the capacities of CSOs in the MENA region in the field of Digital Security.
We are seeking a Project Officer to support implementing and maintaining the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in the purchase of goods and services. The Project Officer is responsible for facilitating the procurement activities in the field and for assisting the Program Manager in overseeing IWPR logistics operations in the field and the MENA region. Working closely with Program, Administration, Finance and Logistics, the Project Officer is instrumental in supporting program activities through his/her services.
This is a fixed term contract until the end of December 2022.
- Coordinate and support the organization of various project activities such as meetings, conferences, training workshops, and seminars.
- Collect programme M&E data and prepare reports as per programme plans.
- Prepare monthly cashflows and costed plans.
- Review programme budget and expenditure and coordinate with the Finance department and Senior Programme Officer in HQ.
- Collect, compile and analyse project and sub-grants M&E information and data according to project documents and sub-grant agreements.
- Coordinate the implementation of sub-grants and ensure partners are fulfilling their financial and progress reporting requirements including providing support to the daily coordination of IWPR procurement activities.
- Print Purchase Request Forms (PRFs) in coordination with the Senior Procurement and Logistics Coordinator and ensuring that PRFs are signed as per thresholds and as per different controlling departments.
- Follow the procurement process as per IWPR policies.
- Collect quotations and bids from the market for PRFs as assigned by the supervisor and as per IWPR standard processes and formats.
- Interact with Vendors during collection of quotations – explain IWPR formats and ensure that vendors will use the provided forms.
- Ensure fair competition and strictly adhere to IWPR procurement rules regarding vendor relations and as per the Business Ethics and Conflict of Interest Policy of the IWPR.
- Coordinate with the Finance department to ensure payments are facilitated in a timely manner.
- Update the PRF tracker with all assigned purchase requests under the supervisor’s guidance.
- Ensure goods are received in accordance with IWPR standards and originator’s requests.
- Prepare the required documentation of supplies and transactions according to IWPR standards.
- Prepare payment requests for all assigned procurements for the office and region.
- File completed transactions as necessary.
- Assist in asset management. Identify assets during the course of procurement and ensure that the responsible person for the asset register is included in the asset tracker.
- Properly record and tag all assets and inventory, old and new, in line with IWPR policies and procedures.
- Keep the asset register, asset cards, and personal issue forms up to date with information of where each asset is and who it has been issued to. Send an updated asset register to the supervisor on a monthly basis.
- Perform a monthly asset check, report if any assets/inventory are broken, lost or stolen on the Inventory Loss/Theft/Damage report.
- Record any damage or faulty items and arrange to have them fixed if possible/cost effective.
- If any broken assets are repairable, arrange for them to be repaired together with the Logistics Officer.
- Receive inspection reports in the field and ensure they are signed by suppliers.
- Ensure that all IT equipment is functional and coordinate with the IT company on all IT related issues in coordination with the supervisor.
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability in using Microsoft Excel to develop and track budgets.
- Ability to prioritize assignments; effectively handle multiple assignments; and work independently.
- Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to maintain a rapid and demanding pace of work.
- Ability to work within a team and with staff and beneficiaries from different cultural backgrounds.
- Applicant should be detail-oriented, well organized and committed to excellence.
- A high level of energy, a positive attitude and the ability to work in a team setting and stressful program environment are essential.
- Able to travel in the region when required.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action so as to not delay program activities.
- A clear understanding of programme support functions, procurement ethics and donor rules and regulations is essential.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or another relevant discipline; or equivalent education and experience that demonstrates the ability to effectively perform in the position.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in procurement and logistics.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in programme/project support support and programme finance management.
- Experience in the non-profit sector and/or international development is an asset.
- Fluency in English and proficiency in Arabic.
IWPR is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds who can help continue to evolve our culture and contribute to an inclusive environment.
Principals only. No calls please. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.