Project Assistant Consultant
IWPR is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Project Assistant, with experience on social media and administration to help in a project that will 1. Help influencers with an interest in social issues or human rights improve their positioning, image and audiences on social media platforms, and 2. Teach and support social media influencers to plan and implement human rights communications campaigns. The person should have at least 2 years’ experience working with projects, administration. They should also have an interest in human rights and social issues.
This position is contingent on funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be in charge of creation of the proper documentation for internal procedures
- Help with the implementation, tracking of payments to sub awardees, consultants and products and services and their delivery of reports and other required deliverables. Ensuring compliance with IWPR and donor rules.
- Follow up with project beneficiaries in the correct implementation of their tasks
M&E and Reporting Functions
- Maintain project databases (contacts, monitoring and evaluation, etc).
- Purchase of equipment needed for the project, install the necessary software and ensure its delivery.
- Support the office's procurement functions, according to IWPR's procurement policy, ensuring the procurement policy is followed and that actions are documented as required
- Basic translation of documents (English-Spanish, English-Spanish), if needed.
- Other tasks that may be needed to implement the project.
- Help to program content material for IWPR social media (Twitter), and handle the online community
- Support on the creation of needed assets for IWPR as well as for sub awardees and consultants
Minimum Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, International Relations, Human Rights or related field required.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience working in social media and/or and influencer marketing projects
- Basic knowledge and ability to analyze social media metrics, increase social media audiences and online engagement
- Demonstrated interest in human rights and social issues, including but not limited to, the right to free expression, the right for access to information, gender and racial equality, LGBTIQ rights, internet freedom, etc.
- Willing to help in drafting comprehensive reports, by organizing data
- A team player who is excited about learning new skills
- Ability to adapt to challenging, non- conventional environments and people.
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish and English
Fluent, Professional level English and Spanish
Compliance with IWPR policies and procedures, and donor regulations, including several administrative tasks. Willingness to adapt to security measures needed to work in the region.
IWPR is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds who can help continue to evolve our culture and contribute to an inclusive environment.
Principals only. No calls please. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.