Programme Officer, US or Remote
We are seeking a Program Officer who will provide a range of support for the implementation of projects including reporting and evaluation; liaising with project team members, coordinating service providers and beneficiaries; developing content for and managing web platforms; as well as conducting regular financial and administrative duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaise and coordinate with key project members, consultants, and contributors;
- Monitor the implementation of the project’s components to ensure that targets are being met;
- Communicate with project beneficiaries and design innovative methods to engage with participants;
- Manage the project’s web platforms, content development, and publication processes;
- Facilitate the project’s collaborative learning activities and ensure quality control;
- Report periodically on the project’s activities and outcomes, and provide both qualitative and quantitative data analysis;
- Assess the project’s mid-to-long-term impacts; and articulate project strengths and weaknesses for internal planning purposes;
- Track project’s financial requirements to ensure operational efficiency;
- Assist with finance related tasks on items such as budget preparation and analysis, progress reports, financial statements, and processing invoices;
- Support the development of future project proposals by producing initial logic models, preliminary drafts of concept notes, and implementation timelines;
- Maintain project databases with meeting notes, quarterly and final reporting, tracking of programmatic decision-making, and general correspondences;
- Provide administrative and executive support for the team members including organizing meetings, annual events, and correspondences with local and international stakeholders;
- Other administrative duties may be required as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (preferred) in political science, international relations, sociology, history, or other related fields in social sciences and humanities;
- 2-3 years of related work experience in the non-profit, education, or international development sector is essential;
- Proficiency in basic accounting, budgeting, and cost proposals in the NGO sector;
- Experience with social media tools, web administration, content management and publication, and online communication;
- Excellent writing and editing skills and strong research and analytical skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines;
- Ability to work in an environment that is culturally diverse and promotes open dialogue;
- Proficiency in Excel, Google Docs, Word, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, and Mac OS;
- Fluency in English and proficiency in Dari or Farsi.
IWPR is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds who can help continue to evolve our culture and contribute to an inclusive environment.
Principals only. No calls please. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.