Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant, Philippines
We are seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant to support the data collection, analysis and reporting of IWPR Asia and Global programs, including the development, set up and maintenance of the IWPR social media analytics and monitoring platform.
This is a short-term contract ending in September 2021.
- Coordinate with the program sub-recipients in the completion, submission, and approval of the M&E Workbook;
- Coordinate with the program sub-recipients in the monitoring and submission of the accomplished Indicator Performance Tracking Tables (IPTTs);
- Collect, review, and summarize sub-recipients’ quarterly and final reports;
- Coordinate with the IWPR Training Team in the development and administration of pre- and post-tests;
- Develop, set up, and maintain the social media analytics and monitoring platform of IWPR;
- Track and share social media insights reports, dashboard and relevant media articles with IWPR project sub-recipients, and donors on a weekly basis;
- Ensure a work environment that is non-discriminatory and promote open dialogue on gender-related and culturally sensitive issues;
- Assist the M&E lead in undertaking participatory evaluations and learning sessions for projects and across IWPR portfolios/projects globally;
- Assist in boosting MEL capacity and application for all staff and stakeholders involved in the activities (communities, partners etc);
- Undertake other duties and assignments as may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge in results-based M&E design and implementation, including logic models/theory of change, mixed research methods, data collection and management, and data analysis and presentation to inform implementation and practice;
- Strong familiarity with social media publishing and analytics tools on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, and other platforms such as Google Analytics and Talkwalker;
- Knowledge in search engine optimization (SEO) and content creation;
- Analytical and critical thinker who is comfortable offering new and creative solutions in M&E and social media analytics and monitoring;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative while working within a team;
- Adaptable and able to creatively resolve problems;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Willingness to travel to Philippine provinces and internationally when necessary.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Development Communications, Journalism or a related field;
- Minimum of four years of combined professional experience in monitoring & evaluation in development programming, and professional experience in social media, content creation, and SEO;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating multiple, large, complex, and multi-year programs around media, information, human rights, and governance. Ideally this experience would be in Asia or Southeast Asia, East Asia, Oceania, Central Europe, Africa, North America, and Latin America;
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in US Government-funded projects, particularly in M&E, project management, and grants management.
IWPR is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds who can help continue to evolve our culture and contribute to an inclusive environment.
Principals only. No calls please. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.