Media System Research and Analysis and Socio-Political Analysis Consultant
We are seeking independent consultants to conduct media system analysis and socio-political analysis on disinformation in different Latin American countries.
The consultants must apply different methodologies to research and understand the media systems and the state of disinformation in different countries, identify possible local allies for IWPR, and understand the challenges of developing media development, investigation, fact-checking and other journalism projects. The work should typically include documentary reviews, interviews and/or detailed descriptions of the traditional and digital ecosystem, with emphasis on the use of social networks.
It is also important that the analysis incorporates the recent political reality and the implications that the political context may have for the development of initiatives.
Finally, the consultants are expected to make recommendations on what could be the best practices or the most important points to consider for the development of the projects.
Duties will be performed remotely and the consultants will coordinate with the Regional Journalism and Media Programs Manager for Latin America and the Caribbean.
Note: This job opportunity may be used to fill more than one consulting opportunity within the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a work plan that includes objectives, methodology, schedule and topics to be covered by the analysis.
- Execute the necessary methodologies to develop the research and analyses and prepare reports and presentations as needed
- Maintain clear and constant communication on the progress of the research.
BA in Political Science with knowledge of journalism, social communications, or international relations. MA or other post-graduate capacities in relevant fields is desired.
Required Experience and skills
- Research experience on media systems research and analysis and disinformation.
- Knowledge about the context of journalism in the region.
- Knowledge about the political context in the region.
- Excellent writing and synthesis skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work plan (methodology, schedule and topics).
- Draft analysis.
- Final analysis.
- Remote working
- Your CV.
- A cover letter describing your motivation for applying, as well as knowledge and experience in the proposed field.
- Approximate daily rate
IWPR is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds who can help continue to evolve our culture and contribute to an inclusive environment.
Principals only. No calls please. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.