International Grants Compliance Manager
We are seeking an International Grants Compliance Manager to work across all our projects managing organizational and subgrantee compliance. Three days a week will be dedicated to two umbrella U.S. federal grant programs (given the importance and value of these high value projects) to ensure compliance with IWPR and U.S government (U.S. State Department) donor rules and regulations, including subaward management. The remainder of the time will be spent managing compliance with other grants from various donors and advising our other project and regional teams on compliance issues. The work covers all activities from subaward issuance, administration and monitoring phases to closeout phase.
This position reports to the Asia and Eurasia Director with a dotted line to the Regional Director for MENA and LAC. They will also work in coordination with the finance department.
Working pattern: This is a full-time, permanent role
Location: The successful candidate for this role can be based anywhere in the world and work from home.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews all ongoing subawards to ensure all processes and paperwork are complete, fully signed and dated (where relevant), and fully compliant with both IWPR procedures and USG rules and regulations;
- Conducts ongoing updates and standardizes relevant (procurement, subgrants, finance, travel, etc.) processes and policies, and provides guidance regarding compliance issues and donor regulations;
- Works with HQ and regional project teams to ensure that, within IWPR’s internal record keeping and documentation system, there is an individual and fully clearly structured and named file and file back-up for every subaward made under an Award;
- Directs the closeout process (improving where deemed necessary and agreed), so as to ensure IWPR is in the best position possible for future IWPR audits, including USG audits (likely given the size of the award);
- As part of all of the above, to ensure the IWPR grant issuance process under these awards is fully compliant, complete and documented, the International Grants Compliance Manager will:
- Keep regional teams fully updated and informed as to the system and work and provide occasional briefings, technical assistance and trainings as needed;
- Provide guidance on compliance issues and donor regulations;
- Provide a simple monthly status report on compliance progress and suggest improvements to processes if/where necessary;
- Conduct periodic internal compliance risk assessments and audits.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and skills related to US government grant laws and regulations, including pre-award / due diligence assessment, subaward management, monitoring and closeout; and subaward and program compliance management;
- Must have professional experience in subaward and program compliance management;
- Must have in-depth knowledge of U.S. federal government grant rules, regulations, current standards and guidelines, and relevant updates to 2 CFR 200;
- Knowledge of EU and other non-US funder rules and regulations, standards and guidelines desirable;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative while working within a team;
- Adaptability and problem-solving abilities;
- Solutions focused;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to present/arrange and file information clearly and logically;
- Ability to teach or train colleagues;
- Willingness to travel internationally when necessary, approximately 3 to 4 weeks over the course of a year.
- Bachelor’s Degree. A paralegal certification will substitute for a Bachelor’s degree;
- A Certified Accountant (CPA) or Master’s Degree in Administration is preferred but not required;
- Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in donor compliance and sub-recipient monitoring experience;
- Experience in donor and program compliance of multiple, large, complex, and multi-year programs.
IWPR is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds who can help continue to evolve our culture and contribute to an inclusive environment.
Principals only. No calls please. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.