Information Management Specialist, Philippines
We are seeking an Information Management Specialist to support the development and maintenance of an automated system of collecting, generating, analysing and disseminating data for key decision making in IWPR Asia and Global programs. This includes liaising with IWPR’s program and M&E teams and sub-recipients, and providing mentoring support.
This is a short-term contract, renewable after satisfactory evaluation of performance.
- Develop automated data collection and management systems in support of M&E of IWPR Asia and Global programs.
- Automate and link performance tracking tables, implementation plans, and other templates required by donors to the database.
- Assist in generating data on individual sub-awards and overall program for monthly, quarterly and annual program reports in accordance with the forms and systems of IWPR and partner donors.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer sessions to IWPR’s M&E teams and subrecipient on how to effectively use the automated database system.
- Produce and update information products such as reports, dashboards, and data visualizations from the database.
- Develop online survey and training evaluation forms and generate reports and data visualizations.
- Complete and store accomplished M&E forms as well as supporting documents and means of verification.
- Ensure a work environment that is non-discriminatory and promotes open dialogue on gender-related and other culturally sensitive issues.
- Undertake other duties and assignments as may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and experience in the use of tools appropriate for 24/7 data collection and analysis in complex operational environments with multiple databases.
- Experience and training in troubleshooting database performance.
- Experience of and training in information management and database management systems.
- Excellent analytical skills and experience in Excel, Access and statistical packages.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to describe technical problems and solutions to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on data and findings.
- Ability to provide coordination and logistical support to database management trainings.
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative whilst working within a team.
- Fluency in English.
- Willingness to travel to Philippine provinces and internationally when necessary.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management of information systems or related field.
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in information and communication systems and database management systems in Asia or Southeast Asia, East Asia, Oceania, Central Europe, Africa, North America, and Latin America.
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in US Government-funded projects, particularly in M&E, project management, and grants management.
IWPR is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds who can help continue to evolve our culture and contribute to an inclusive environment.
Principals only. No calls please. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.