Go Viral Project Coordinator
Since October 2021, IWPR has been implementing the Go Viral Festival & Network project. The project's primary goal is to enhance regional connectivity, support economic development, and strengthen civil society in Central Asia by creating and sustaining deep partnerships among an emerging generation of innovative Central Asian thought leaders. In 2022/2023 we plan to continue working on forming a new pool of content creators able to create content related to business, media, culture, technology, or social issues.
The Project Coordinator will have direct responsibility for implementing a 1-year long project aimed at building an active and engaged community able to create content related to business, media, culture, technology, or social issues. The project coordinator will be responsible for project implementation in Kazakhstan.
- To manage the start-up, development and implementation of the project activities of the IWPR representative office in Kazakhstan;
- To engage CSOs, representatives of business, technology and media outlets/journalists as project partners, and work with them;
- To identify and contract consultants to conduct training workshops for partners and media representatives;
- To monitor the progress of program work and control expenditures against budget lines;
- To produce regular narrative and financial reports on the projects.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the CA Regional Director and CA Go Viral Project Manager; to produce a detailed strategy and practical work plan for the projects;
- To manage implementation of project work, as follows:
- To identify CSO groups, representatives of business, technology, culture and media outlets/individual journalists, state authorities engaging them as project partners and providing support for them within the terms of the project;
- To design, arrange and lead training events for partners, experts and media workers.
- To design, arrange and lead other events including regional and country-specific Festivals featuring leading innovators from Central Asia, the United States, and Eastern Europe.
- To assist the editorial team to deliver editorial output, some of it generated by the editor and the rest by selected media outlets and journalists.
- Ensure that the project is well managed, and appropriate, and delivers effective and relevant interventions within the target countries.
- Ensure that the current grant delivers within the project timeline, whilst maintaining the overall quality of the work and against contracts within budget.
- Ensure that relevant IWPR and donor organization procedures and policies are in place and oversee their implementation.
- Work with other IWPR staff to maintain and improve the quality of all training, editorial and other project outputs.
- Ensure timely and accurate project monitoring and evaluation activities according to the project monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Oversee project expenditure and ensure it is in line with the budget and with IWPR and donor requirements, in conjunction with IWPR finance staff in Central Asia and London.
- Produce scheduled narrative and financial reports for IWPR and the donor in line with their requirements.
- Together with the Go Viral Country Ambassador, the project coordinator will establish effective partnerships with partner organizations, think tanks, business, experts and media in Central Asian; inviting them to participate in project activities.
- Facilitate dialogue between key national and regional actors, particularly civil society leaders and social media influencers in four key sectors: business, media, culture and technology.
- Strong command of written and oral English and Russian
- Fluency in Kazakh or other CA countries language is desirable
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- M&E technical skills
- Excellent computer skills
- People-management skills
- Ability to analyse and distil financial and narrative information.
- Ability to establish and maintain contacts with representatives of government, think tanks, experts, CSOs, business, culture, technology and media outlets.
- Ability to show initiative and creativity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High education in social science or other relevant fields
- At least 3-year experience of work in international projects, preferably in media development or a similar sector.
- Media development project’s management experience is an asset
- Financial management
- Ability to implement systems and procedures
- Working on multiple priorities to very tight deadlines
IWPR is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds who can help continue to evolve our culture and contribute to an inclusive environment.
Principals only. No calls please. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.