Consultant: Handbook Editor, Georgia or Remote
We are seeking a short-term Consultant to provide editor service finalising the draft chapters of the handbook for publication. The handbook is comprised of three draft country chapters, reflecting the issues in Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine.
The duration of the consultancy is up to 35 days in February-March 2021.
- Review the draft country chapters.
- Request additional information or edits from the chapter authors, if necessary.
- Work out the final structure of the handbook.
- Compile the material from three chapters in a single publication.
- Edit the language of the handbook.
- Provide draft handbook for review to IWPR.
- Incorporate the feedback and provide the final version of the handbook for publication.
The successful candidate will have:
- Masters’ degree in journalism, conflict studies, social sciences or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience as an editor.
- Experience in conflict reporting.
- Experience of working in the countries of Eastern Partnership.
- Experience in academia and teaching will be an advantage.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Native speaker or proficiency in English.
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving project goals.
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions.
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with IWPR’s core values and organisational principles.
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with trainees, colleagues and IWPR stakeholders.
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment.
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner.
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions.
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects.
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances.
Principals only. No calls please. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.
This position description is not an exhaustive list of all functions that the incumbent is expected to perform, but is instead a summary of the primary responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be asked to perform duties not included in this position description. IWPR reserves the right to revise position descriptions at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Staff will be informed of any changes to their job responsibilities.