Business Development Manager
About the role
You would play a key role in the future success and growth of IWPR representing us in Washington, identifying funding opportunities from US sources (including government agencies, private trusts and foundations) and leading the proposal process collaborating with program teams.
Reporting to the Global Development Director in London, the role would be perfect for someone who is a self-starter with significant development experience and has the relevant contacts and relationships.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Identify funding opportunities from USG, trusts and foundations. Work with program and development teams to develop and submit funding proposals and adhere to donor reporting requirements.
- Increase IWPR engagement with current donors and develop strategies for engaging new prospective donors.
- Gather and share information on new potential funding and/or themes and communicate IWPR priorities to donors.
- Manage existing relationships in collaboration with program teams. Research and secure meetings with external donors for program teams.
- Represent IWPR at meetings and donor outreach events.
- Contribute to the strategic development of the team including communications.
- Contribute to the intelligence function, including US donor and competitor mapping.
- Ensure accurate and accessible record-keeping of contacts and donor records.
To be successful in this role you would have
- The ability to work independently and as part of a remote team.
- Strong oral and written communication, problem-solving and critical thinking skills, and a desire to collaborate with peers.
- Proven ability to deliver high-level presentations to donors, clients and internal audiences.
In addition you would need
- A minimum of seven years of experience working in a similar role in Washington.
- Significant and demonstrable experience of securing high value income from institutional donors, trusts and foundations.
- Proven successful experience in identifying and securing unpublished funding opportunities.
- Significant and demonstrable relationship experience interacting with senior government officials and representatives at private trusts and foundations.
IWPR is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds who can help continue to evolve our culture and contribute to an inclusive environment.
Principals only. No calls please. Only those who have been selected for interviews will be contacted. IWPR will never ask for payment for recruitment.