Call for Proposals: Remote Trainings for Syrian Journalists | Institute for War and Peace Reporting
Remote Trainings for Syrian Journalists
IWPR seeks to conduct a series of remote trainings for participants inside Syria. The training will be given to at least 200 participants in total, at an average rate of 10 trainees per training (total of at least 20 trainings). The partner organization is expected to provide all necessary equipment for the training. The trainings should all be in Arabic and include: monitoring and evaluation, general trainings of trainers, conflict journalism, social media, advocacy and campaigning, digital security, communication skills, basic accounting, photography and project management. The organization will be selected based on the demonstrated competence, compliance, cost and experience.
Deadline: July 17, 2018
Scope of Work
- Prepare a schedule of work;
- Provide equipment, a platform and space for conducting remote trainings for participants inside Syria;
- Prepare a table of the content and trainings dates to be delivered;
- Share content of trainings with IWPR;
- Once approved, share content of trainings with all participants;
- Conduct trainings including pre and post-tests (to be done remotely in coordination with centre managers) and evaluations;
- Develop and share training reports with IWPR;
- Provide records for each training;
- Share final report with pictures (if possible), statistics and feedback with IWPR.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- At least five years of progressively advanced professional remote training experience in the topics listed above;
- Strong internet connection;
- Support for the centres using the remote equipment while conducting the training;
- Proven familiarity with the Syrian context and an excellent understanding of conflict issues and community security;
- Provision of female and Arabic speaking trainers is mandatory;
- Fluency in Arabic and excellent standard Arabic writing skills;
- Good communication skills including report writing in English.
How to Apply
If you are interested in submitting a proposal for the anticipated subcontract, kindly send an email request before July 13 2017, 2018 to ProcurementBeirut@iwpr.net to receive the full RFP. We will respond by email with a soft copy of the RFP.
Deadline for Proposals
11:59 PM (GMT+3) local time on Tuesday, 17 July, 2018.